The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Saturday, December 24, 2011

From the Christmas Kitchen: Rosemary Cashews!

Ina Garten's Rosemary Cashews
Looking for the perfect hors d'oeuvres for guests to nibble while they await your fabulous holiday feast? Try these delicious Rosemary Cashews from one of my favorite cookbooks of all time, Barefoot in Paris by Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa.

 Inspired by the bar nuts served at Union Square Cafe in New York City, these delicious, savory cashews are perfect for holiday entertaining. They are insanely tasty, take under ten minutes to make and can be made the day ahead and kept in an airtight container. They will pique your guests' palates without filling them up and, coincidentally, pair beautifully with a festive glass of Champagne. I must caution you though, they are extremely addictive so only make them when you have a houseful of people coming over so you don't eat them all yourself. Trust me, I speak from experience!

I hope you and your guests enjoy these ever-so tasty Rosemary Cashews and I'd like to wish you all a very Happy and Delicious Holidays!

Cheers,



Rosemary Cashews
1 pound roasted, unsalted cashews
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cashews out on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the spiced butter and serve warm. Serves 8

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Stephanie,
    I do a similar recipe I found several years ago on Foodnetwork.com; it calls for 4 cups of your favorite nuts (I usually do a cup each of 4 different nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts and pecans.) The recipe calls for some cayenne pepper, but I'm pretty sensitive to heat, so I tend to avoid this one and opt for a variety of different spices and brown sugar. I can send you the exact recipe if you're interested. I brought it to a holiday party and everyone went "nuts" over it - literally! lol
    Keep up the great blogging. Happy Holidays.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails