The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Monday, May 31, 2010

Lights, Camera, Uh-Oh: The First "Savor the Moment" Video Blog!

Happy Memorial Day & welcome to the first "Savor the Moment" Video Blog! Today's recipe is a delicious and refreshing Watermelon Salsa that's just perfect for Summer entertaining. Just a note, I ran into a wee bit of technical difficulty during filming (memory card ran out of space) so the video is presented in two parts. Don't run off at intermission though because I have a question for you at the end of the video and George Clooney may or may not make a cameo appearance - you just have to watch and find out! I have also included the recipe for the Watermelon Salsa below. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did - Cheers!


"Watermelon Salsa" - Act 1



"Watermelon Salsa" - Act 2


Watermelon Salsa (pg. 44)
2 cups finely chopped, seeded watermelon
1 or 2 jalapeƱos, minced, or to taste
2 tablespoons minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/8 teaspoon grated gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Combine the watermelon, jalapeƱos, onion, cilantro, parsley, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix gently. Let stand for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve within a few hours. Serves eight.

7 comments:

  1. hey now you're a rock star!

    And to think I knew you when

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely video, Stephanie, very professional! And the recipe is one I haven't tried.
    BTW: where is George Clooney??!!

    I think my favorite appetizer to take is Ina Garten's savory palmiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO CUTE!! I love this video component. I say you are ready for your own cooking show...hope there is some smart Food Channel producer watching this somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you did it! Fantastic!I like the idea of using the salsa for fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the video! The watermelon salsa sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to make Mario Batali's white bean brushetta. Yummmmm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skipp and I tried to get tickets for your event at the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art, but they were sold out! You are fantastic!!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails