The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Friday, September 17, 2010

Get Ready to "Savor" the 23rd Annual Woman Volunteer of the Year Luncheon!

Allison Lane, Jackie Reeves and Leslie Jackson
October 8th marks the Junior League of Boca Raton's 23rd Annual Woman Volunteer of the Year Luncheon. This exciting event will honor over 30 nominees who promote and exemplify volunteerism in our community with over 900 guests in attendance. A fabulous fashion show presented by Saks Fifth Avenue is also on the agenda, which is sure to make for an enjoyable day at the JLBR's largest fundraiser of the year!

The luncheon will take place at the beautiful Boca Raton Resort & Club and, I am very happy to announce, the menu this year will feature recipes from "Savor the Moment!" Executive Chef Andrew Roenbeck has agreed to include dishes from the Cookbook executed with his own signature spin. Jackie Reeves, Chair of WVOY, kindly invited me to the pre-event tasting to offer my two cents - I was more than happy to oblige. Let me just tell you, WVOY attendees are in for a real treat!

The Luncheon will kick off with a salad inspired by a "Savor the Moment" classic, the Town and Country Salad (pg. 20). The original version features lettuces, strawberries, Brie, caramelized almonds and a Poppy Seed Dressing that has been delighting diners for years. Chef Roenbeck's version includes Baby Organic Greens, Spinach Salad, White Balsamic-brushed Strawberries, Almonds, Goat Cheese and a Champagne Vinaigrette in a truly delicious take on this Junior League favorite!

The main course will feature a mouth-watering adaptation of Chicken Veronique with Fresh Peaches (pg. 172). If you are fortunate enough to be in attendance you will enjoy Roasted Tarragon Chicken "Veronique" with Grilled Peaches, Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Carrots and Toasted Saffron Pearl Cous Cous that will have you asking for seconds!
And now, Ladies, for the dessert that was inspired by one of my personal favorites - the Toasted Coconut Cake (pg. 251). Executive Pastry Chef Jean Spielman has created a truly delightful presentation with his Toasted Coconut Cake with Candied Pineapple, Fresh Berries and Chocolate Dipped Bocaroons. I am happy to report this delicious coconut confection definitely tastes every bit as good as it looks!

Thank you to Jackie Reeves and Assistant Chairs Leslie Jackson and Allison Lane for including me in this delicious endeavor! Also a big thanks to Executive Sous Chef Donald Young, Director of Catering, George Petrocelli, and Pierre Gregoire for making the tasting such an enjoyable experience. To purchase your tickets, please visit the JLBR website or click here. Cheers to a fabulous event and I look forward to seeing you there!
XO,




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to my blog while I was away. We have been on several trips and I am finally home for a while. I looked at your posts and you do have some delectable looking food on your pages. I am behind writing comments on my friends’ blogs but when I am caught up I will definitely come back and copy some of your delicious looking recipes. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such an amazing event...Wow, and these dishes are just glorious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails