The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Exciting New Website and Wine Assignment!

As someone who enjoys learning about, indulging in and writing about wine I do a fair amount of "research" on the subject (see previous posts). I tend to gravitate towards people and resources whose approach is down to earth, unpretentious and, simply, fun. This pleasurable pursuit should be all about exploring, experiencing and enjoying! I think we've all experienced the typical "wine snob" (I know I have!) who takes things a little to seriously, making the study and enjoyment of wine seem an elitist endeavor. That's why I am pleased to introduce to you a new wine website, Cork'd, whose mission is to break down the stereotypes, myths and pretenses surrounding wine to help readers discover and drink better wines.

The Chairman of the site, Gary Vaynerchuck, is a well know figure in the wine world. With an unconventional, often irreverent commentary on wine, this born entrepreneur has built a thriving business that began with a job in his father's wine shop as a teenager. Gary is currently the Director of Operations at Wine Library in Springfield, NJ and is the star and host of Wine Library TV, "the Internet's most passionate wine program." He is also author of the recently published, New York Times bestseller, "Crush It," a guide to turning your passion into your profession. I'm definitely a fan! I met Gary in February at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival following his informative and entertaining seminar entitled "The Pulse of the Wine World" that I wrote about in March. After responding to one of his recent posts regarding Cork'd, Gary sent me an e-mail and suggested I write for them. After speaking with Senior Editor Jon Troutman, I am happy to announce my first article for Cork'd was posted on Friday. Entitled "Rethinking Your Wine Routine? Try Ribera del Duero," you can check it out by clicking here.

I look forward to reporting on more of my wine adventures at Cork'd while I continue the "Savor the Moment" Challenge here at www.stephaniesavorsthemoment.com. I hope you have a chance to visit this fabulous, new website whose primary goal is to make wine accessible, approchable and fun. I'd love to know what you think - Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. oh wow congrats so happy for you Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, looking forward to visiting the new website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about your wine adventures! We've recently started going to tastings and have really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great for you... looking forward to reading your postings

    ReplyDelete
  5. let me know - you have to keep me in the loop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your informative article. Congrats on your new writing foray. I know what a wonderful feeling it is to be asked to contribute your writing skill. The link to your article is not working. However, I will find my way there. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great adventure - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie,

    I nominated this wonderful blog for an award. Check it out here...

    http://lazarocooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/another-editors-pick-article-and-more.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails