The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Monday, October 19, 2009

Delicious Dinner in a Dash: Tropical Island Shrimp

Looking for a delicious, low-maintenance meal to make tonight? Something not too labor or time intensive that your loved ones will think you slaved over? Grab your copy of “Savor the Moment” and flip to page 187, girlfriend. The Tropical Island Shrimp is what's for dinner!
As I've said before, “Savor the Moment” is chock full of fabulous, time-saving "Dinners in a Dash"and this is definitely one of them. Provided your grocery store has ripe mangoes, avocados and peeled & deveined shrimp - you are all set! (Trust me, if mine does, I'm certain yours will!) This recipe is delicious and has a distinctly Florida vibe, calling for lots of fabulous, fresh ingredients: garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice – what’s not to like about that!
To maximize efficiency, I got the basmati rice started first and prepped the avocado and mango. I sliced them and tossed them with the lemon juice as indicated in the recipe. Be sure to coat the avocado especially well with the lemon juice to prevent it from browning. Then, I prepped the shrimp and got them marinating in their delicious little shrimp jacuzzi. The combination of jalapeño, cilantro and lemon juice smelled heavenly! Once the rice was done and the shrimp were through marinating, I cranked up the skillet and sautéed the bell pepper. Then, I tossed in the shrimp with the marinade followed by the avocado and mango mixture. I’ve never really “cooked” avocado or mango before and, I have to tell you, it is really delicious. The mango becomes even sweeter and the avocado takes on a richer, more buttery texture.
Once the shrimp were cooked through and everything was sufficiently warmed up, I spooned the mixture over the warm, fragrant basmati rice and sprinkled generously with the chopped cilantro. Voila! Tropical Island Shrimp is served and you are a "Savor the Moment" rock star - in 30 minutes or less! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails