The Glamorous Gourmet About Events Recipes Wine Reviews Contact

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cocktail Couture: "Skip & Go Naked" this Weekend with this Refreshing Summer Sipper!

Although I normally focus primarily on wine, I felt it would be a crime not to share this delightful Summer cocktail with all of you. I recently came across a gem of a cookbook I hadn't used in awhile. "The Summer Book" by Susan Branch contains some really phenomenal and creative recipes that are, as the name implies, perfect for celebrating Summer. One that I recall particularly enjoying is for a drink called the "Skip & Go Naked." Now before you read the ingredients, you have to promise me you will try it at least once! Promise?

While the ingredients may leave you scratching your head, let me assure you, this cocktail is icy, pink perfection! The end result is the color of "Double Bubble gum" and best served in a martini or clear decorative glass to maximize the effect. Also, be sure to use frozen pink lemonade concentrate (not pink lemonade) and regular vodka works much better than the flavored kind; the flavors tended to clash with the tartness of the lemonade. 

I hope you enjoy this cocktail and as the author says, "All my friends have a 'Skip & Go Naked' story and now you can too! That is, if you want one."

Cheers,



Skip & Go Naked
from "The Summer Book" by Susan Branch
2/3 cup cold beer
2/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1/4 cup vodka
straws or stirrers

Fill blender container halfway with ice. Pour in beer, lemonade and vodka, blend well and serve. Makes two big drinks.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're right, this cocktail has to be made. Beer, lemonade concentrate and vodka? I love it! I'm normally a wine girl, but I would definitely love to try this. Love the name of it too, lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the recipe and am not sure about the beer – what type of beer as beer can taste so different depending of the types. I like India Pale Ale beers and my husband likes brown beers. The color of the cocktail is very pretty I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little cocktail :D. Great for a girly party.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink cocktail!
    I love that you have used beer in this. I am just discovering these types of cocktails with beer. It looks tempting.
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Light beer works the best in this recipe - sorry I forgot to mention that! Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails