|Me & Waterford Crystal Spokesperson, Jorge Pérez|
Joining him was National Spokesperson for Waterford, Wedgwood and Royal Doulton, Jorge Pérez, who gave a wonderful presentation and shared fabulous entertaining tips that had us "oohing and ahhing" and lining up to purchase all the Lismore we could carry! You may recognize Pérez from his appearance on the Real Housewives of New York City and he also designs a fabulous wedding gown collection - click here for more info!
|Vincent Rellis, Master Cutter for Waterford|
Entertaining with Style!
1. Always begin with the perfect invitation. It’s the first point of contact with your guests and your first opportunity to set the tone of your soiree/dinner/event.2. Plan ahead. Stock up on your entertaining essentials: Platters, extra dinner plates, serving bowls, candlesticks, pitchers, stemware, flatware, barware and linens.
3. The perfect table deserves the perfect menu. But don’t be a hero and try to make all new recipes. Go with what you know and try one or two new things. Remember, it is not just the recipe but how you present it that makes your gathering so memorable. Display your menu in a classic Waterford or modern Vera Wang frame.
4. All good parties begin with a glass of champagne. I like to set a champagne bar near the front entrance with a variety of Waterford Crystal fluted champagnes to greet my quests with a splash of bubbly the moment they arrive. Your champagne welcome will be an added dimension and it says so much about your entertaining skills.
5. Your table’s centerpiece should represent the theme of your event. Keep it low (to see your guests) and fragrance-free. For your holiday centerpieces, be more festive and creative by layering in gold and silver accents, like opulent tassels. Sprinkle Waterford Holiday Heirloom ornaments throughout the table. Be sure that each guest leaves with one as your gift to them.
6. Festive, non-fragrant candles help to set the perfect mood. In addition to having candles on your table, also place them in interesting, but safe, locations both inside and outside. Crystal candlesticks add elegance, grace and sophistication to any table.
7. Be creative, Use your Wedgwood or Royal Doulton fine china teacups and saucers to serve soup, shrimp cocktail, dessert or even use as beautiful individual votives or vases. You’ll score points for creativity!
8. If you are serving finger foods, offer a small bowl with lemon water to use as a finger bowl. Your guests will think you “thought of every detail!”
9. Having a buffet? Wrap your 3-piece flatware set (knife, fork, spoon) with a colorful cloth napkins and place inside your Waterford Iced Beverage glasses, then stack them at the end of your buffet. Fun and functional.
10. No matter what type of function you’re having, be courteous to your neighbors. Let them know you will be hosting a party and apologize ahead for any disturbance it may cause. (or just invite them!)
Always Entertain With Style!
To qualify to win a pair of Robert Mondavi Waterford Crystal Wine Glasses (that retail for $50 per pair), all you need to do is leave a brief comment saying what your favorite wine is and why - it’s that simple!
This giveaway is open to bloggers worldwide; however, if you live outside the United States you will be responsible for shipping your glasses (shipping is free within the US). The contest will end December 30, 2010.
For TWO chances to win, if you follow Stephanie Savors the Moment, please leave a second comment saying so.
For an ADDITIONAL TWO chances to win, blog about this giveaway on your blog or put it on your Facebook page.
There will be two winners of this giveaway and each will receive a pair of glasses. Best of luck, thanks for reading and happy entertaining!